Return to Main Site   SearchFAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist   Memberlist   Join the Forum  Join the Forum  Profile   Profile  Log in to check your private messages   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  Log in 
The Big Sleep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saturday Night Theatre Forum Index -> Questions and Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elizabeth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: The Big Sleep Reply with quote

I have this recording dated 1979 which stars Ed Bishop and Robert Beatty but cannot find it in any of the archives - has anyone any further information on this broadcast? Thanks
Director_General
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have a recording of this on cassette (somewhere). I should be able to find the braodcast date from that, but not much else.

Sorry
Raymond McCarthy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Big Sleep was originally broadcast on 26th September 1977, though it has been repeated - perhaps that is why you remember it from 1979.
In the meantime it has been repeated on Radio 7 or as its now known Radio 4 Extra many times and may well come round again, that is if they don't go and give the newest version with Toby Stephens in the lead a preference. This usually happens with the audio releases, the older version gets junked.

As to the broadcast, it was dramatised by the same team that were with the other Ed Bishop plays, dramatised by Bill Morrison and produced by John Tydeman - and to my mind a better more noir-ish version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saturday Night Theatre Forum Index -> Questions and Answers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: